Alpine biomes are located in mountainous regions. The biome itself usually lies just below the snow line of a mountain. The typical altitude for a mountain in the Alpine biome is approximately 10,000 feet or more. This high altitude makes the temperature in winter almost below freezing.
Biotic Factors: Native Animal and Plant Species
Biotic Factors: Invasive Animal and Plant Species
- N.d. Photograph. GoogleWeb. 26 Oct 2013. <www.google.com>.
- "Alpine." BluePlanetBiomes. BluePlanetBiomes. Web. 27 Oct 2013. <http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/alpine.htm>.
- "Mountain Plants Unable to Withstand Onslaught from Invasive Species." Science Daily. Science Daily, 21 Jan 2010. Web. 27 Oct 2013. <http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100121083404.htm>.
- "Invasive Species." Save the Frogs. savethefrogs. Web. 27 Oct 2013. <http://www.savethefrogs.com/threats/invasivespecies/index.html>.
- "Alpine." JTScience. jtscience. Web. 27 Oct 2013. <http://jtscience.wikispaces.com/Alpine>.